Bean Creative, one of the most respected digital agencies in the Washington, DC area, is seeking a talented web designer ready to create amazing user interfaces for web, mobile, apps, and games.
You’ll flex your creative muscles designing for clients like National Geographic, the National Association of Broadcasters, the Library of Congress, and Verizon. Working and collaborating with other team members, you’ll create engaging and effective design solutions and turn them into complete, “funktional” web, mobile and app experiences.
The ideal candidate has demonstrable knowledge of web graphic design, including the ability to translate those designs into complete responsive HTML and CSS themes for both WordPress and Drupal. We are looking for a forward-thinking individual who is not only up-to-date on the design world, but also eager to learn and use the newest web and mobile development techniques.
An online design portfolio is required, and we are seeking candidates with a minimum of 3 years experience demonstrating the following:
- Strong graphic design skills
- Ability to translate designs to modern, compliant HTML- and CSS-based web and mobile responsive themes
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work with a design team to translate Photoshop and Illustrator designs to functional interfaces
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to continue to learn and grow as our industry changes
The following additional skills are desirable:
- Illustration and animation capabilities
- Experience and understanding of HTML5 interactive and/or game development
- Understanding of SASS/LESS
- Use of Git for version control
You will work side-by-side with our design and development team in a collaborative environment with a group of self-starters who work and play well together. We work hard, but we also play hard, with regular “Bean Happy Fun Times” outings that celebrate our successes and keep us inspired.
- A fun, casual and creative work environment in the hip Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria
- Time when you need it — unlimited vacation days
- Flexible telecommuting
- Dog-friendly office
- Frequent company and team outings
- Free street parking, close to Metro and Capital Bikeshare station directly outside our office
We offer exceptional compensation packages including health/dental/life/disability insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer-matching.
We’re rarin’ to go, so hit us up — send resumes with online portfolio and salary requirements to email@example.com [No calls, no recruiters. Really.]